Elle & I are desperately trying to get the sleep that we need. She is doing better at night and at least giving me 3 to 4 hours of sleep at a time. She is a very "high maintenance" sleeper though and requires/demands that you hold her until she is completely asleep before you attempt to put her down. This proofs to be very difficult at times with a 3 year old, cleaning the house, working from home, trying to get any sleep myself and sometimes just my sanity!
She is 3 weeks old today, so I'll give her a few more weeks of pampering before I try and nip the "hold me until I'm asleep" in the butt.


9 comments:
Oh man, I can totally relate to the picture of you and Elle asleep on the bed...you reaching over to hold in the pacifier. Seriously I know. :) It kills me when I get Nate down for a nap and Missy finds him. She fills the need to pull all the blankets off of him and steal his pacifier for herself. Erk. He always wakes up too!
I'm with you on the sleep when you can! Last night Ryan came to bed only to find that Brady was in his place....but he's not the one getting up to feed him at night so I sleep when and where I can!
She is so darling! Oh my goodness! Good luck with getting your sleep!
I don't miss that time at all. I love my sleep. I hope she gets better for you soon. She is so darling, though.
UGH! Good luck. I think I blocked that stage from my memory, but Simon was the same way. The thing that worked wonders for us: the Miracle Blanket. http://www.miracleblanket.com/
she is so cute! And that is how it is at my house...sleep when baby sleeps! Adi is the same way. she requires you to hold her until she is fully asleep. I am in the process of nipping that one!
what cute girlies you have. we are so glad to meet your family -- and can't wait to get to know you all better! ANY TIME you need more sleep you bring that little angel down here. I would love to hold her!!!
thanks for the fun "bow" party...
see you soon!!!
Congradulations she is so cute! She looks like you. Sleep whats that! I still get no sleep it's so sad.
Oh, she is sooo yummy! I sure hope your new swaddling technique helps in this dilemma! We'll see you soon and I would LOVE to hold her until she is asleep!!!
Post a Comment