Monday, April 14, 2008

My Night With Eddie

For those that know me well know that I am a huge Pearl Jam fan. I have seen them numerous times in concert and have been a member of their fan club for over 10 years. It just so happened (wink, wink) that Eddie Vedder was playing some solo dates in LA at the same time we had planned our trip to Disneyland. I was lucky enough to score some tickets through the Pearl Jam fan club for the show. The show was held at the Wiltern which is a small 2000 seat club in downtown Los Angeles.

So after a day at Disneyland I left Michelle and Alexis at the hotel and made about a 40 mile trip to Los Angeles for the show. I ended up sitting on the fourth row and just about center with Ed which was amazing! The theater was really nice, it has an art deco theme inside and was just a great atmosphere for a concert. And being in LA I saw a lot of celebrities who were there for show and it was really weird to see them in a natural environment like that. A few of the people that I saw were Casey Affleck, John Lithgow, Cameron Crow, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Laker coach Phil Jackson, and Patrick Warburton to name a few.

It was a really laid back intimate show and one of the best concert experiences I have ever had. Ed would play a few songs and then tell a few stories. They even gave Ed his Golden Globe Award that he had won for the song "Guaranteed" from the Into the Wild movie. He put on a jacket and gave a little acceptance speech which was funny. It was truly a night to remember and something I will never forget.


3 comments:

Jill said...

Whoa, Jon. You scared me. I didn't know it was you and I was wondering who Eddie was and why Michelle was spending the night with him. :) That sounds pretty dang awesome!

Jensen Family said...

Jon-You're so cute! And I'm so glad that you got to go see Eddie and I hope Alexis was good for her momma.

Jason, Holli, Lizzie and Zach said...

That sounds so cool. I am happy you got to do that. I would love to see Bono that way.