
We just got back from Disneyland, our first official "family vacation", and we had a BLAST!! We took off early Thursday morning and we were off to California! Alexis did amazingly well on the car ride, but definitely kept me busy getting her treats, toys, and changing the dvds! When we got there late Thursday afternoon we checked into our hotel and Alexis & Jonathan were off to hang out in the hot tub and pool. And then we got some sleep since we knew that we had a LONG day ahead of us.
On Friday we took the hotel shuttle (or bus as Alexis calls it) to Disneyland and we spent a 12 hour day there. Alexis was in heaven, just trying to take it all in! She did so well with all of the long lines, heat, and we actually didn't have to fight her to stay in her stroller. She had absolutely no fear, she is our little adventure seeker! She went on all of the rides and the second we were off of something she was asking which one we were going to next! Luckily she did finally crash for about an hour in her stroller so she & I parked in the shade and Jonathan was able to go and catch a few rides on his own.
On Saturday we got up and headed back to Disneyland. Today we got to meet and take pictures with a whole bunch of the characters. We met Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Eeyore & Tigger. She was not shy about meeting any of them, she would tell us the whole time in line that she was going to give them a hug, kiss & a high five and she really did. We went over to California Adventure to check out the new Playhouse Disney Live show, it was really fun! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins & My Friends Tigger & Pooh were all part of the show and Alexis was up singing, dancing and yelling through the whole show. Saturday was an exhausting day because we were tired and sore from the day before, plus it was a lot warmer so we finished up the last of the rides and headed back to the hotel. Jonathan had a concert in LA that night so Alexis & I went back down to the pool, ordered pizza, and ordered a movie, we just decided to spoil ourselves while Daddy was gone!
Sunday it was time to head back home! The drive home seemed a lot longer than the previous drive, and it was bittersweet to leave. We loved every minute of our vacation and time together just the 3 of us, I think that Alexis will be talking about her trip for weeks to come. We are so thankful we were able to do this together as a family, especially before the new baby comes, it was fun to just spoil Alexis with this time and attention devoted just to her. But now it's back to "real life" and that means all of the laundry that I get to do today!
11 comments:
It looks like you guys had SO much fun. That is awesome how well Alexis did with all the characters. She is so cute in the pictures with her cute big smile. Glad it was a great trip for you guys!!
Holy cow, I'm so jealous! I'm so glad you got to go. Thanks for posting all the cute pictures. That sunshine looks amazing. Alexis is too cute.
How fun for you guys! I have been dying to go to Disneyland since we moved here. It's so close I can't believe I haven't been yet. I am so glad that Alexis went on all the rides and didn't even get scared. That's awesome! Cute pictures!
Looks like you had a blast! I can't wait to take our kids. I'm not sure who had more fun Jonathan or Alexis!
Cute pics I'm glad that you had a great trip and that Alexis was so good. It really made me want to go to Disneyland so hopefuly next year for us. Glad you're home safe
So fun! Disneyland is the best place for little kids. I am sad that I didn't get to see you while you were here. Next time be sure to let me know! I live 30 min away. I'd love to see you!
How fun! I'm so glad that Alexis did so well and that you had such a good time!
Wow, it sounds like a fun, yet completely tiring trip! Aaron would love to go there now - at this age they are so much fun! What stinks is that you couldn't go on any big rides! Back to the cold weather for you guys!!!
Hey Michelle! This is Ashlee, Tommy's wife. Kat told me you were on her blog, so I checked it out. Hope that is ok. I didn't know you were prego. I saw you at the Easter Hunt at GG Mangum's and you didn't look pregnant. Any hoot....Congrats!!! Your family is so cute. Looks like you had a great time at DisneyLand!
I forgot to mention how much I love that picture of Alexis in her pink shirt and sunglasses! She's a little model!!! You gotta blow that one up!
Next time you drive through Vegas, call us. We would love to go to lunch or do something with you guys. (And of course you know you are always welcome to stay with us when ever you want.)
Post a Comment