Yes, we had a day at the hospital yesterday! Tuesday morning Alexis managed to get a hold of some of my medicine and I caught her in the act of eating a pill. I called Poison Control and they told me that there is the possibility of her experiencing a seizure with this type of medicine so to take her to the ER. Jonathan rushed home from work and we were on our way down to the ER. Once in the ER they made her drink a charcoal drink that would help absorb the medicine before her body absorbed it and we hoped that we would be on our way home, but little did we know the hospital had other plans for us.
They told us that she could experience a seizure up to 12 hours after the intake and that she would have to be admitted to the hospital for the duration of the 12 hours so that they could watch and monitor her, so we were off up to the Pediatric ward of the hospital. Alexis was having the time of her life with the special treatment the hospital was giving her (2 stuffed animals, a new blanket, a hat, all the ice cream she wanted, and cupboards full of movies) and Jonathan & I were trying hard not to go stir crazy in the hospital room, not to mention chasing Alexis up & down the hallways and trying to entertain her in her room.
I am happy to say that Alexis is completely healthy and we luckily never had a seizure scare. We were preparing for the worst case scenario and we are so happy to not have that happen. We finally were able to discharge from the hospital around 11:30 last night and head back home to our own beds and get a good nights sleep!
We are very lucky, this could have been a lot worse and I know I have learned a lot from this, I'm just praying that Alexis has learned her lesson too! After going through an experience like that it makes me realize how blessed we are to have a healthy little girl. And a big thank you to all of the doctor's and nurses at Mountain View Hospital in Payson for all of their work and attention that they gave Alexis, not to mention her awesome pediatrician who stopped by last night to check on her!
They told us that she could experience a seizure up to 12 hours after the intake and that she would have to be admitted to the hospital for the duration of the 12 hours so that they could watch and monitor her, so we were off up to the Pediatric ward of the hospital. Alexis was having the time of her life with the special treatment the hospital was giving her (2 stuffed animals, a new blanket, a hat, all the ice cream she wanted, and cupboards full of movies) and Jonathan & I were trying hard not to go stir crazy in the hospital room, not to mention chasing Alexis up & down the hallways and trying to entertain her in her room.
I am happy to say that Alexis is completely healthy and we luckily never had a seizure scare. We were preparing for the worst case scenario and we are so happy to not have that happen. We finally were able to discharge from the hospital around 11:30 last night and head back home to our own beds and get a good nights sleep!
We are very lucky, this could have been a lot worse and I know I have learned a lot from this, I'm just praying that Alexis has learned her lesson too! After going through an experience like that it makes me realize how blessed we are to have a healthy little girl. And a big thank you to all of the doctor's and nurses at Mountain View Hospital in Payson for all of their work and attention that they gave Alexis, not to mention her awesome pediatrician who stopped by last night to check on her!
5 comments:
I am so glad that everything turned out alright. What a scary day!
Holy Cow! Thank goodness you caught her in the act! Something like that would make me a basket case! I'm glad it didn't end up being more serious!
Wow, talk about making you scared to death. We are so glad that everything ended up okay and Alexis was just fine.
Oh how scary! I am glad that she is doing good.
So we're both done with ER visits for awhile, right? So so so happy that she is OK. The little monkey!
Post a Comment