Happy birthday Jonathan! Since I am the bestest (yes it is a word) wife ever I surprised Jonathan with a weekend away for his birthday! My sister stayed with the girls and we were off to enjoy the beautiful Hyatt Hotel in Salt Lake.
I managed to keep this secret for about a month from Jonathan (which is by far a record for me!) When we dropped the kids off I took Alexis into the other room to explain that we would be gone for 2 nights and Jordan would be having a sleepover with them. I told her this was a secret for Daddy so to not say anything until after we left the house. We said goodbye to the girls and Alexis said, "Guess what Grandma? Jordan is having a sleepover at my house!" BUMMER! I was so close to successfully surprising him, but it made for a really good laugh!
4 comments:
You are such a good wife. Alexis cracks me up. Sammi did the kinda of the same thing with on of Kenyon's presents.
I bet it was nice to get away just the two of you.
Happy Birthday Jon!!
What a nice birthday present! How fun for you guys! I've learned that I never tell my kids things that are supposed to be kept a secret - it always comes out at the worst times! And ps - you don't really have blue hair like your drawing? :)
So romantical! I'm glad that you guys had a good time. You are an expert cake maker. When are you going to start your cooking blog?!?!
All those art lessons really paid off for you, Michelle.
So glad you had a great time. Happy birthday to the Jon boy.
Post a Comment