Monday, July 20, 2009

The last few weeks......

I haven't caught up in a little while, so here it is! The girls have enjoyed spending a lot of time together. Alexis is a great big sister and Elle is getting big enough to start doing a little more of the things Alexis does. This is a picture of the 2 eating bread together and watching a show. (they definitely are Jonathan's & my girls!)

Jonathan had a lot of time off around the 4th of July so we decided to take advantage of it and spend a lot of time together as a family. One of the things we enjoyed was family bowling. Alexis LOVES bowling, so she was very excited to teach Elle a thing or two about it!


The 4th of July is a lot more fun now that we have kids to enjoy it through! We went to the Freedom Festival Parade in Provo with a little of Jonathan's family. This was Elle's first parade and she literally sat on people's laps and watched the whole thing!! I love dressing my girls up for the 4th, and this year they looked so cute (if I do say so myself!!) Later in the day we met up with most of Jonathan's family to have an early dinner at Brick Oven before they all took off to see the Jonas Brothers at Stadium of Fire. We then met up with the Anderson family for a extended family barbecue.

Just a few days ago we decided to cut Alexis' hair off again. We were trying to grow it out but I finally reached my breaking point! Alexis & I had at least 2 fights everyday when I would need to brush out her hair. She would cry but I knew that I needed to get the snarls out and nothing was working. We have both been enjoying the short hair and no more snarls!!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Yum, Brick Oven sounds good. The girls' 4th of July dresses are gorgeous. And the headbands to match!? Love it. This is why I don't have girls. I wouldn't be able to make them as cute as you do!

I love the sisters pictures. It makes me want to see them sooooooo bad! You guys planning on any trips out here before Christmas? Please?

Alexis's hair is sooo cute short like that.

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

I love your girls outfits from the 4th of July the are SO adorable!!!
How much fun have you guys had!! Don't you just love how the girls can do stuff together now, Bridger and Sammi are there too and it is nice.
I LOVE Alexis new hair cut!! Tell her that I think she looks SO cute!
I e-mailed you about getting together, let me know when works for you guys.

Cal and Whit said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast the last couple of days! Your girls did look darling on the 4th of July and Alexis's hair is darling short! You have two darling little girls!

American Falls TaVaci said...

First of all, it MUST be said that their 4th dresses are darling!!!! Secondly, I love Alexis's haircut!

Hoggards said...

First of all - dang cute little matching dresses for your girls! Second of all - dang cute haircut for Alexis!
Fun post! Thanks for the update!

Jennie Minor said...

cute pics! I am so jealous that your baby girl keeps her headbands on! Adi pulls them off so she gets pig tails....Your girls are so cute!