I don't know about you, but I am so excited about summer coming, but it also wears me out to think about spending all day, everyday, outside trying to chase around Alexis & keep an eye on Elle as well. We cut out afternoon naps for Alexis about 6 months ago and she has been doing really well without them, except I have been noticing that with the warmer weather she is getting ornery and tired later in the afternoon and then it is nothing but drama and tantrums from then on.
So for the past few days I have been "enforcing" movie afternoons hoping to get her to relax, take a break and calm down without her thinking that she is "resting, or taking a nap time". She has learned from her Grandma Cookie that when you have movie time you lay blankets down on the floor, lay on pillows and eat popcorn. So that is what we have been doing the last few days and so far it has been FABULOUS!! (Elle enjoys the quiet time with Alexis too!) I just hope that she doesn't start catching onto what I am trying to do because it might not last a whole lot longer after that!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Movie Days
Posted by Jonathan and Michelle at 5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is utterly genius! Maybe I'd be a more pleasant person if I had movie afternoons.
Hey Michelle. You guy's are moveing out of S.F. any luck on selling you're house! Our house has been up for sale for 8 months. ( any luck) Sid is going to school to get his RN it's a 2yr program and he will see what he's intrested to go further in the med field and doing plumbing on the side. Were are you guy's moveing too!
Wow, at least you can get her to sit still and relax. My kids decided they would have no more nap time and it gets pretty nasty in the late afternoons. I hate it.
Movie time is nice until the neighborhood kids come and try and join in! I love movie time. Great idea!
Genius!! Does Elle sit through a movie?? Maybe its a boy thing, but i cant get Scott to look at a tv for longer than 10 minutes of elmo and nothing but elmo! ;)
That's a great idea. I she doesn't catch on soon for you.
Sheesh! Elle looks so big!
My question is, do you ever let yourself rest and enjoy movie afternoon or do you work like a maniac on your house?
such cute girls! I don't know what I am going to do if Adilyn gives up naps! I LOVE nap time...she still takes 3 and some times I am found right next to her!
Post a Comment