
It was Jonathan's birthday on the 13th and I decided to surprise him with a trip down to St. George. His sister Ginger and her family and his twin brother Gavin and his 2 kids were already planning on going down, so I worked with them to plan it all out and then surprised Jonathan 2 days before and told him to pack his bags. It was so much fun!!
Gavin, Luke & Afton drove down with us (our first road trip in the family mini van!). We were able to fit all 3 kids on the back bench and then Elle & I sat on the middle seats and the boys took the front seats! I was the lucky one who got to sit in the back and take care of all of the kids, but I guess it's the least I could do for the birthday boys! The boys are lucky that they are identical though or they would have looked like a gay couple with their nanny along for a family vacation!
(Even Elle tried to watch the movies!)The kids were amazing!! They literally just watched movies all the way down and back. They were so tired and ready for naps but they refused to sleep during the movies. This was actually one of the first vacations that has just been relaxing! Usually we try to fit too many things into the schedule and just end up running all over the place, but this time we really just relaxed and planned a few things here and there.

The night we got there we took the boys out to a nice Italian restaurant for a birthday dinner. I had the most amazing caesar salad, I'm still thinking about it!! Then for Valentines Day we did a little shopping, and then all of the girls went to see a movie and out to dinner while the boys watched the kids, and then we traded. We went home and took over the kids while the boys drove to Mesquite for a little buffet and some gambling action! I know, I know, you're all thinking that's funny for Valentines Day, but what's better than both of us being able to have a relaxing time without kids being able to do things we don't normally get to do!? The best Valentines present I ever could have gotten is that Jonathan got both girls to bed for me before I got home from the movie, I love you Jonathan, thank you!
(Elle's first time going swimming! She wasn't quite sure about it.)Alexis' most favorite thing of the whole trip was being able to swim in the hotel swimming pool! We were able to enjoy this 2 times and that is basically the only thing she talks about when she tells you about the trip.
(We were asked a few times on this trip if Afton & Alexis are twins. They are starting to look so much alike!)
Happy birthday Jonathan & Gavin, I hope that you guys had a great time! We love you guys! And Happy Valentines Day Jonathan, you are amazing and I am so lucky to have you in my life!
6 comments:
love that your playing catch up too!
looks so fun.... glad you guys were able to get away for a fun weekend!
Hailey keeps asking for Alexis... we will be calling sometime today!!! ;)
Happy Late Birthday Jon (and Gavin). It looks and sounds like you guys had a GREAT time down there in St. George. How nice to just relax and enjoy yourselfs.
I'm glad you had fun on your trip. Happy (belated) birthday Jonathan!!
Happy Birthday! John and Gavin.
What a fun cousins trip! We're doing one of those in june! Happy birthday jonathon! (he's getting old huh? :) )
Luke looks like such a ladies man! And I don't get the Afton and Alexis thing! They don't look a thing alike other than they're both gorgeous! Looks like a great time. I'm glad the van got out on her maiden voyage. Way to break her in!
Post a Comment