Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend


We had a great holiday weekend and spent a lot of time with our family, which is just how we like it! We started it out by taking Alexis to the Provo parade (family tradition for both of our families). Alexis is at such a fun age and loved every minute of the parade. We had great seats, thanks to Kib & Lisa, and we were able to enjoy the parade in the shade on bleacher seats while Alexis sat on blankets in the street with the rest of the kids, it was great! Alexis waved at all of the people & floats that came by, but her favorite thing was the bands, she would dance the entire time they passed, she is such a funny girl, she always manages to make us laugh & smile!

Then that night we went to the Anderson family barbeque with all of my aunts, uncles & cousins. I wish I had pictures of this because she had so much fun! We did fireworks with them that night and Alexis has not gotten enough of those, she asks for them every night now! Luckily our neighbors did some fireworks on Saturday night and were nice enough to let us come and enjoy them. (Thanks Ryan, Amy & Par Par)


We had pizza for dinner, so we decided to put the candles in the pizza instead of a cake!


Sunday was my Mom's 50th birthday and we decided to surprise her with an open house party with all of her friends & family. We had a great turnout and I am so happy that we were able to do this for my Mom, she definitely deserves it. Alexis loves it when it is anyone's birthday, she is more than happy to help blow out anyone's candles or help open presents! Happy birthday Mom, we love you so much!


This is about as close to a pregnancy picture that you all are going to get right now!


I leave on Wednesday to see New York for my first time! Jonathan's mom is taking all of the girls in the family for some "girl time" and I am looking forward to it! I am nervous traveling and being on my feet that much while being 7 months pregnant, but there is no way I would pass up this trip, so wish me luck! Jonathan was able to take some time off work and he & Alexis will have some well needed "Daddy-daughter time". So hopefully in a week I will have lots of great pictures and stories to post and this pregnant woman's body won't give out on me!

8 comments:

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great 4th of July. I love Alexis little 4th of July dress it is cute. I hope you have a great time in New York that will be a fun trip.

Hoggards said...

Okay, I'm totally jealous of the girl's getaway idea! And to New York too! I hope you feel good for the trip. Watch out for the plane take offs and landings! Being pregnant totally gives me motion sickness so much easier! Have a blast!!! (And you look great! One look at me and you should feel great! :) )

Jackie Sullivan said...

I'm so excited for you that you get to go the NYC! It's so much fun and you'll do great! It sounds like your 4th was fun too!

Kat said...

I am so jealous that you are getting away on a girls trip, how fun! Maybe not 7 months pregnant but I am sure you will manage.=) by the way thanks for the good idea about putting all of the Disneyland pictures in a book for Mia, she looks at it all the time and LOVES it!

meghan mickelsen said...

You look really cute in that picture! I'm excited to hear your New York stories and hopefully I'll have some stories for you, although it doesn't look like they will be what we thought...:)

Have fun!

Jennie Minor said...

Happy birthday to your mom! She looks great!
I traveled when I was 7 months to DC, and now I am in Utah and 8 months. Just rest a lot and drink TONS of water (the humidity plus the heat ouch!!) Hope you have a blast, and you look so TINY for 7 months, I already look like I am past due. I have strangers saying "Oh any day now, huh?" LOL!

Jill said...

You look gorgeous! I'm totally jealous you're going to NYC. Will you please go to an art museum and think of me? I agree with Jennie. Drink lots of water, don't even care how much you make people wait for you to pee or rest. Love Alexis's dancing. She's hilarious. It's just too funny that she loves the fireworks and Joseph hates them. And thanks for putting on such a great party for Mom. You're right, she deserved it big time. Love you!

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

I'm glad you had a great 4th of July! NY will be so much fun!! I can't wait to see your pictures when you get back. I hope you girls get to go to a broadway show too. Travel Safely!!