We finally have some summer weather here in Utah and we are LOVING it! We have spent a lot of time outside and swimming. Alexis is quite the little summer girl and wants to spend every waking minute outside! I don't remember being this hot when I was pregnant with Alexis but I realized that I was spending 8 hours a day working in an air conditioned office when I was pregnant with her, now I spend 8 hours a day chasing a 2 1/2 year old outside in the 90 degree weather! (no deodorant is strong enough for a pregnant woman, running around in this heat!)
We are lucky enough to have my grandparents swimming pool to enjoy this summer, so we started out the week swimming with Grandma. Alexis got right in and loved it for 10 minutes and then she was ready to get out and move on to the next activity! I can't believe that my mom & I both got ourselves into swimming suits and in the water just for that!
Swimming at Grandma Mangum'sAlexis also started swimming lessons this week with Aunt Lisa and her cousin Stephanie. We went for 15-30 minute lessons this week and will finish up next week. The first day was rough for everyone within hearing range because Alexis was not happy, but the second day went better, and I think that everyday is getting easier and easier. Alexis was really bugged by getting water in her ears so once we put a swim cap on her she was much more enjoyable to be around. She is learning a lot of great things and best of all just becoming more comfortable with the water! Thank you so much Lisa & Stephanie, I'm hoping for a much happier Alexis next week at class!
Second day of swimming lessons, she did much better with the swim cap on.We have spent a lot of time playing outside at our own house as well! Alexis loves to be outside, she is such a social girl because all she wants is her friends out playing with her! We can't get her to just be content playing by herself or with us, she wants her friends!
Alexis is in love with dancing & princesses! She loves to wear her princess dresses & skirts and I was lucky to run across this cute little tutu the other day! I put it on her when we got home and she twirled around and told me she was a princess. Then she asked me a question and I couldn't understand what she was asking so she went to get one of her princess books to find a picture to show me so that it would help me understand what she was saying. She turned to a picture of Ariel and Prince Eric and pointed to Prince Eric and asked me, "When is my prince coming?" I could not believe what I was hearing, where in the world would she have come up with that!? She is at such a fun age, and is continually making us laugh by the things she does and says!




12 comments:
I'm so jealous of all the swimming Alexis gets to do and that tutu is adorable!! Very cute!!!
I love the tutu story. She is adorable. Hopefully Lincoln will eat his dinner in a timely manner someday soon, so he can come to her pool when he's invited again.
Too funny that she asks when her prince is coming! I love it!
Hopefully she'll get better and better with the swim lessons...that pool looks so awesome, with a slide and everything! LUCKY!
And I'm so jealous of your beautiful, green grass!!!
Oh how I wished we lived closer to you guys cause Alexis and Sammi have SO much in common and I think they would have SO much fun together swimming and dressing up like princesses. And if we lived closer the two pregnant moms could hang out and suffer together in the HOT sun!!
That is adorable. She is the cutest little thing. I love the swimming cap. Cute, cute , cute.
Parker and I love hanging out with you two. Whenever asked who is he going to marry....without a beat he says Alexis!
That swim cap is so cute! I wish I signed up for swim lessons with Reagan.... I hear ya on the hot heat of the summer, only a few more months to endure right?
I loved swimming in your Grandma's pool! It's so nice that you have such a fun place to go play.
It is crazy how much hotter it is these days with a big belly and chasing kids around. I have yet to bring myself to get in and swim with the kids. Steve does it all. And oh man, the prince thing. :) Darling!
Ha ha, when is my prince coming! Too cute! We love little girls! I am excited for you to have another one! It is fun to see all the little girl clothes again!
I found your blog thru Katie Chase's blog, I hope you don't mind! You'll have to check out mine. jc-family.blogspot.com
She is too cute! I love the picture of her and Jonathan dancing. What a darling little girl!
she is so dang cute! I wish I had a pool to keep me cool! there is nothing grosser than a fat woman who sweats! :)
ps let's see some pics of you and yur prego belly!!!
Here here! If nothing else, put your expanding belly on the blog for your dear sis who will not even see you more than 3 months pregnant.
Oh, and Alexis is adorable, by the way. Is swimming progressing?
Post a Comment